Aerial is committed to following public health directives from Safe Work Australia and the NSW Government. We are also compliant with the NSW Government’s COVID-19 Safety Plan for the Conference and Functions industry.
Changing COVID-19 public health advice may impact venue capacity limits and how we deliver events. Please contact our team to find out more.
Here’s how we’re keeping our venue COVID-safe.
The following safety measures are in place at UTS Building 10 and Aerial:
- A 3-person limit in the lifts – please ensure all delegates abide by this restriction on the way into your conference.
- People-counting processes are in place to maintain our venue capacity calculations.
- Contact tracing registration is required for delegates at all Aerial events.
The current Australian Government physical distancing regulations specify that a ratio of 2 square metres per person (excluding staff) and 1.5 metre physical distance is required. This may change with government regulations, so please check with your event organiser for current social distancing regulations.
Delegate limits have been calculated for each of our spaces.
The venue has implemented the following per Safe Work Australia and the NSW Government concerning COVID-19 hygiene practices:
- Signage and public health messaging throughout the venue
- Sanitation of all AV equipment (pre- and post-event)
- NSW Food Authority Covid-19 Awareness for Food Service Training for staff*
- Provision of a COVID-19 safe First Aid Officer on site at every event
- Individually portioned and packaged meals, snacks and beverages
- Staff adherence to the National COVID-19 Safe Workplace Principles
*In line with the World Health Organisation (WHO), Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) advises there is currently no evidence that COVID-19 is transmitted through the consumption of food or beverages, or through contact with food packaging materials.
COVID Safe Venue
We have implemented the following in accordance with Safe Work Australia and the NSW Government in relation to COVID-19 hygiene practices; please ask your function coordinator for the most up to date information for your event.
- Frequent cleaning
- Environmental signage
- AV sanitation
- Staff education and training